- Statistical Abstract of the United States. Now ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States, current year at Reference Desk with call number RER. HA202
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (1878-2012). The Statistical Abstract of the United States is the standard compendium of of statistics compiled primarily from government sources. Print-on-paper copies of the Statistical Abstract are also available in the Library, with 2012 and older years in Stacks and recent years at the Reference Desk and Reference Stacks. Call number: HA 202. Since 2013, the title is ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States.
- The World Almanac and Book of Facts. General all purpose reference work. Contains social, industrial, political, financial, religious, and educational statistics and rankings. The Library owns 1915-2009 editions with the call number AY 67 .N5 W7.
- 2012 Agriculture Census The Agriculture Census is taken five years in years ending in 2 and 7.
- 2012 Economic Census The Economic Census is taken every five years in years ending in 2 and 7.
- 2010 Population Census The Census of Population is taken every ten years in years ending in 0.
- Construction & Housing Data Part of the Economic Census, the Construction & Housing data include: new housing starts, value of new construction, etc.
- Census of Retail & Wholesale Trade
- Census of Service Industries and Service Annual Survey
- To find more information on the various Economic Census surveys and products, see the Census web page, searching for the specific type of information you need.
- Historical Statistics of the United States--Colonial Times to 1970.
- American Factfinder---Data from the Decennial Census, American Community Survey, and the Economic Census.
- Bureau of Census: The Official Statistics The Census Bureau web page is a central location for statistics on population, income, poverty, business & industry, and Census mapping.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics provides statistics on crime, victims, law enforcement, courts & sentencing, and corrections. Some international statistics are included.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics includes statistics on employment & earnings, wages, prices, working conditions, occupations, productivity, and more.
Federal Agency & NGO (Non-Governmental Organizations) Statistical Publications
- Consumer Expenditure Survey
- The National Atlas for the United States A resource for raw data and map creation on a variety of United States statistics.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Statistical Resources on the Web---comprehensive collection by U. of Michigan
- Population Reference Bureau
- Social Science Data Network
- U.S. Historical Census Data
Illinois and Other States' Statistics
- State Census Data Center---state census data of the 50 states of the U.S.
- Vital Statistics in Illinois. ILL. 312.09773 I29v (IL. Govt. Publications- 2nd Floor) Covers births, deaths, and marriages and divorces in the state. Some data is now online, Illinois Health Statistics
- International Financial Statistics Yearbook. REF HG61 .I57
- Statistics Canada--Canada's national statistical agency profiling Canada's business, economy and society.
- UNESCO Statistical Yearbook. REF AZ 361 .U45 World wide coverage of data on education, science and technology, libraries, museums, theater and dramatic arts, book production, newspapers and periodicals, films and cinema, radio broadcasting, and television.
- United Nations Population Information Network (POPIN)